Sunday, October 24, 2010

Apron Swap

Aprons, Sewing, and Cooking

I've been working on sewing together an apron I made for the apron swap.  I used a hand me down apron I have here that I like using, as the pattern.   However,  I like the one I'm making more, but  I won't show you it until I know Living from Glory to Glory has received her apron.   I'll only tell you it's green, purple, white, and pink...



I also finished up the little quilt I was working on for Hospice and turned it in on Thursday.  I do hope my next one is better and found a great blog with lots of tutorials. (Luckily you can't see all the imperfections in the picture) Some you have to pay for, but some are free and some are also offered for free on you tube.  Here is the link to the great blog I found: The Crafty Gemini.



I will show you the apron I chose for the pattern and a few things I've cooked up so far this fall.  I'll also post a picture of the dish I'll be attempting to cook up on Tuesday.  Tomorrow my love will be going to BWW to watch the World Series - Texans, and I'll be sewing with Marie!
Chicken and Spinach Alfredo Pizza


Homemade Chicken Soup


An original dish by Me!
Mini beef sausages with potatoes, green pepper, yellow squash, tomatoes, and onions. Topped with cheddar cheese and served with scrambled eggs.  Yummm!  And my husband liked it too!


Beef and Pasta shells served with ranch beans.  We just pour them in on top of the other stuff and eat with corn tortillas or tortilla chips.  BJ is much better at this dish.  He showed me how to make it.

Well, I couldn't find a picture of the dish I'll be making on Tuesday so I'll have to take a picture of the recipe card and a picture of my completed dish.  I'll be making the Pamered Chef recipe for chicken and veggie alfredo soup.  It is served in a bread bowl.  I have all the ingredients and am very excited to try it out.  It's a very simple recipe... I think(hope)!

2 comments:

  1. oh I just love this post Jodi! You are so cute with your apron on in the first picture. I just loved reading up all your yummy recipes! Your original dish by you looks so delicious, I'm going to have to steal it :)

    Can't wait for Thursday night!
    LOVE YOU
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marie! I am excited for Thursday too!

    ReplyDelete