Monday, December 14, 2009

Advent #3


Well I'm a bit late, but yesterday was the third sunday of Advent. Recently while BJ and I were riding in the car we heard a radio broadcast about Advent. The men were speaking of how Advent, though it is mainly presented as just a Christmas thing is really about the whole life of Christ. His birth, life, death and resurrection. The men encouraged everyone listening to not only practice the normal advent tradition, but to read a chapter of Luke each day up until Christmas Eve as there are 24 chapters in the Gospel of Luke. I was doing well, but have fallen behind I will try to catch up before my next advent post. I like the book of Luke.

Scripture for Last week's Advent candle: Luke 1: 68 - 79

Week Three's scriptures: Luke 3: 7 - 18

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of reading Luke through the whole month of December. I don't like how December flies by and I forget what Christmas is all about. I will have to make this a tradition as well.

    P.S. Oh, Elizabeth and I had such fun with you and your mom last night. It was so nice to laugh with the two of you. And the tea was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been really neat learning about Advent Jodi, thanks for sharing and I am really enjoying it! :)

    P.S. I had such a lovely time last night with you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete