Thursday, November 4, 2010

Beef and Broccoli with rice

Tonight's dinner:

Beef and Broccoli with white rice


This is a good recipe.  The only thing I would do differently is 1) add black pepper, which I did and 2) put the beef in very last and stir it up right before putting it on the plate.  My beef was over cooked, but I'm sure it's just chef error not recipe error.  I also added more water because the ginger was a little too strong for me.  I would use less and sprinkle it in to taste.

I also said I had 5 dinners left to make, but I can't count.  The beef stew was #6 and this is #7 so I only have 3 left and I have 2 planned out and one to figure out, and I'll never cook again.  Lol! JK.

Directions:





s



  1. 1In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
  2. 2Add beef and toss.
  3. 3In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
  4. 4Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
  5. 5Return beef to pan.
  6. 6Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
  7. 7Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
  8. 8Serve over rice.http://chinese.food.com/recipe/the-best-easy-beef-and-broccoli-stir-fry-99476

1 comment:

  1. OH Jodi!!!! This looks so YUMMY!!!! I have been in a cooking rut and this definitely helps! Keep em coming lol! I love the pictures and I am so happy you posted the recipe. Now I can come back whenever I want it! Thanks so much!

    I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete